When a Death Occurs
We're here for you. Contact us any time.
Carter-Trent Funeral Home is here to serve you and your family during this stressful time. For immediate assistance contact us at (423) 245-4101.
There's a lot Resting on Your Shoulders. We can help.
When a loved one passes away, it’s difficult to know what to do and who to contact first in your time of need. The number of things you have to plan may seem overwhelming; however, Carter-Trent Funeral Homes is here to walk with you and your family through every step of this process, answering all of your questions.
We’re available 24 hours a day. Simply contact us at (423) 245-4101 or fill out the “At Need” form below. This form will help provide us with important information we need to make this process as simple as possible for you and your family.
What to Do First
When you are dealing with grief, it's difficult to know the best first steps to take. Here are a few guidelines to help you, depending upon the place and timing of your loved one’s death:
- If your loved one passes away at home or work with family and friends present – contact us at (423) 245-4101, we will then direct you on the next steps you need to take.
- If a death occurs in the home and no one is there at the time of death - notify the police.
- If the death occurs in a hospital, nursing home, or hospice - most of the time the medical facility or hospice representative will contact Carter-Trent Funeral Homes if they have our name, but often it is best if the family reaches out to us to ensure we are notified appropriately at the time of need.
- If the death occurs away from home – contact us immediately, and we will coordinate any arrangements that need to be made to get your loved one back home.
- If the death occurs in the middle of the night or on the weekend – Carter-Trent Funeral Homes are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply call (423) 245-4101, and someone will be there as soon as possible.
Once Carter-Trent Funeral Homes is contacted, we will provide the compassionate care you need and walk you step by step through the process. Please contact us today at (423) 245-4101 should you have any questions or need immediate assistance.
Your information was submitted successfully!
Thank you for taking the time to complete this form.
We want you to know that we appreciate your attention-to-detail at this most difficult time. Your efforts will help us better care for you, and your loved one. One of our professional funeral arrangers will call you shortly, or you may choose to call us now at (423) 390-8762.